What Does 600-Calorie Diet Look Like?
600 calories a day would mean that you can only eat 200 calories for each of your 3 meals. You may also divide the 600 calories in any way to suit your preference. For instance, if you prefer to have a full lunch and lighter breakfast and dinner you can choose to divide the calories into 150-300-150.
To help you put into perspective, here is what 200 calories look like:
- 90 grams of flaxsed bread (4 slices)
- 70 grams of sesame seed bagel (slightly more than half a bagel)
- 56 grams of uncooked pasta (1 cup of cooked pasta)
- 588 grams of broccoli (3 1/3 cups)
- 125 grams of avocado (slightly less than 1 avocado)
- 54 grams of peanut butter (around 2 tablespoons)
- 28 grams of butter (around 2 tablespoons)
- 23 grams of canola oil (around 2 tablespoons)
- 333 ml of milk (around 1 1/3 glass)
- 100 grams of canned tuna in Oil
- 150 grams of egg (around 3 medium eggs)
- 204 grams of sliced smoked turkey (around 3.5 slices)