We all know that alcohol is bad for our health. However, not many people are aware that drinking too much alcohol can lead to alcohol poisoning. Aside from the long-term impact that alcohol can bring to our health, too much of it can lead to immediate danger.
Alcohol toxicity is common especially if we drink a lot of it. However, most of the time, many of us simply sleep it off and the symptoms will be gone on the following day, except for the unpleasant hangover. Here are 10 common signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning you should know.
1. Pale Skin
Pale skin is one of the signs of alcohol poisoning. The most important role of our blood vessels is to deliver oxygen and nutrients all over the body. These vessels can be found just underneath our skin surface and this is what gives us a healthy red glow. However, if we get sick, that’s when our skin will turn pale.
If you have been drinking a lot of alcohol and your skin becomes pale, there is a good chance that this is due to alcohol poisoning. Alcohol poisoning can affect the flow of blood by replacing the blood beneath your skin surface. As a result, your skin will become much paler than usual. Sometimes, the affected person’s lips will turn blue.